Hi folks! this is a -quickly created- homepage for ctrlMedia, a software project gently hosted by SourceForge.net
ctrlMedia wants to be a little solution for media listening/watching. It can play music/movies, let you see images, watch tv, and maybe other things in the future.
It is in a quite development version now, so it isn't suitable for normal users. Anyway, it is quite working now so i decided to put it on the web so other people can see it and maybe contribute with code. This project is searching for developers.
Screenshots of the development version:
A List Menu for music
Latest News (2006-09-07):
- I've put a snapshot of the svn tree out for download from sourceforge.net; version number is 0.1.7b1, but it will probably be released as 0.2 once out of the beta period.
- There's a long list of changes from 0.1.6: a totally rewritten interface, xml options files support, skins (xml files) initial support, a new playlist module (we merged video and audio modules in this new one), random mode support, a 10-band audio equalizer, .. and tons of fixes everywhere!
- I think that the major task here is installation, so i put here some installation instrucions
News from version 0.1.6 (2006-07-27):
- Many changes have been committed in the code base from 0.1.6b3 (the latest release). The current version i'm working is 0.1.7, but it will probably be named 0.2. Unluckly, my free time to work on proposed changes is less than expected, so i'm still working on new featuress..
- The new playlist module is quite working but it is in conflict with the old music/video modules (read as: you cannot use bot of then in the same session). I think that in a few days the old code will be removed, and i'll focus on the other new features.
- I'm still searching for help in developing this app, maybe someone is interested in this?
Interface restyling (2006-04-21):
- After some trouble and no updates, i started working again on this code. Now DirectFB support for Xine output is really better than some months ago, so taking a look at ctrlMedia is going to be a simpler task.
- For those who care, i'm using versione 0.1.5 of ctrlMedia on my car since december, 2004, i posted some photos of my carputer installation
- The interface is going to have a major restailing, and i'm working also on a real playlist module, a gps module, a connectivity module. New release will be released in a month. Stay tuned!
News from version 0.1.5 (2004-12-15):
- Music and Video modules have been rewrited again. Now you don't need anything other then the DirectFB and Xine libraries to run it (library compatibility code moved from df_xine module to ctrlMedia source code). Note that major linux distributions have precompiled packages for both libraries;
- All the code has been modified to support different resolutions. Now you can run ctrlMedia in windowed mode under X (using DirectFB/s SDL output layer) at any resolution (also other than canonical 3:4 proportion). Fox example, i use it on a 7" lcd flat display using a 1440x234 resolution, and it works fine;
- Mplayer and Mpg321 frontend modules have been moved to src/dismissed/ directory and are no more supported.
News from version 0.1.4:
to use ctrlMedia you need:
You need at least DirectFb 0.9.21 and the df_xine module to use ctrlMedia. By now, you must use DirectFB CVS version and download df_xine from directfb's CVS Extra directory.
Mplayer and Mpg321 frontend modules are no more used but can still compile into the project witha little Makefile change.
This release uses Mplayer to see videos and Mpg321 to listen to the music.
Mplayer is useful on top of DirectFB only if you use a video output driver that writes data directly into the video card framebuffer (like mga_vid for matrox MGA chip based video cards).
You must choose appropriate drivers for video and audio outputs in ctrlmedia.conf
Go to CtrlMedia SourceForge.Net Project page to download it :)